Did you like Spinach Paneer Wraps recipe I published last week? Well this week I am writing about these simple pancakes or pudala (puda) my daughter usually makes as simple way to sneak-in some vegetables in diet of her kids. They are very simple to make and variety of vegetables can be added to change color, taste and for added benefits. She adds extra chili-ginger paste to same batter while making pancake for herself. Both my grand kids love these pancakes and usually enjoy with yogurt.
For today's post I am making two different variety of pancakes - green colored (adding spinach) and orange color (adding carrot). To my grand kids it is green pancake and orange pancake !
Preparation Time: 10 Minute
Cook Time: 20 Minute (Soak time for daal is about 3 hours)
1. 1/2 cup split moog dal ( soak in a water for 3 hours )
2. 2 tbs chopped spinach
3. 1/3 cup chopped carrot
3. 1/2 tsp green chili ginger paste
4. 2 tsp rice flour
5. 2 tsp soji flour
6. oil as needed
7. salt to test
8. 3 to 4 tbs water
Method Step By Step:
1. Once daal is soaked properly, split it in two equal parts.
2. Add spinach in one part and carrot in another part.
3. Grind each part in grinder. Add little water as needed to make smooth batter.
4. Now add 1tsp rice flour and 1tsp soji flour in each (green and orange batter).
5. Add chili ginger paste and salt. Mix it very well.
6. As you can see in picture below, at this point you should have really bright colored batter ready.
7. Turn on stove top on medium heat and put griddle on top of it.
8. Spread some oil on griddle and spread some batter on griddle. Flip it on other side when bottom looks slightly brown and cooked.
9. You can keep thickness or size as per your preference. My daughter usually makes mini pancakes for her kids that are usually little thick. While for herself she makes bigger and thinner.
Serve pancake with yogurt or chutney.
My daughter sometimes adds beet in the batter and it gives pancake really nice pink/purple color. You can use any vegetable of your choice.
I am sending this recipe to Indusladies 'Kids Lunch Box Recipes' Event.
Similar Kids Lunch Box Recipes:
1. Quick Vegetable Penne Pasta
2. Slow Cooker Vegetable Pulav Recipe
3. Spinach Paneer Wraps